List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    Re: Suggestions needed
From:       Otto Gvert <stuffplace21 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2011-05-28 23:58:23

I guess I could have been more clear.
The computer Toshiba Satellite laptop model L15 S104 40GB, Hdd,   512 RAM.
I installed Ubuntu 9.10 as the 10 dot versions will not install on this older
computer.  The install went as it should. had to use the Ndiswrapper
and windows driver to have the wireless WiFi to work.  It worked just
fine. I did a Synaptic  update of a couple of programs and when completed
I had a ran away  mouse. I have googled the mouse problem and there is no published \
solution. (Across Windows and linux systems).  I can live with an annoying mouse \
problem. The next day wireless no longer worked.  I believe doing the update
damage was done to the computers mouse function and damaged the wireless lan \
controller I am not a hardware kind of guy.  I have seen people use what appear to be \
adapters plugged into their USB ports and connecting wirelessy to the internet .  I \
was looking for a suggestion for a USB wireless adaptor, hopefully not too expensive. \
tia