List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    Re: [JAXLUG] The story behind Ubuntu's booth
From:       "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt () obsidian-studios ! com>
Date:       2008-07-17 22:51:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: William L. Thomson Jr. <wlt@obsidian-studios.com>
To: Dan Trevino <dantrevino@gmail.com>
Cc: Rod Sharp <rod@floridalinuxshow.com>
Subject: Re: [JAXLUG] Florida Linux Show 2008 in Jacksonville!
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:05:43 -0500

Dan,

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 14:53 -0500, Dan Trevino wrote:
> Wow. I'm the LoCo team lead, but someone else from our team was
> actually doing the booth booking. I didnt realize it was gonna be
> $450. Thats not gonna happen for us, as we're getting 0 funds from
> Canonical.

Yes I know. I tried to contact Canonical. They usually spend allot of $
at LWE and other expos. Not sure why they are being cheap here.

But I got you. If you all promise to put on a good showing, man the
booth etc. I can get you a booth at no charge. Pending Rod Sharp's
approval since it's his show. Given the amount of people running Ubuntu,
I don't think Rod will have a problem.

If you could in return make an effort to hit up anyone you know that
does anything with Linux, hopefully business. To see if they might be
interested in getting a booth. Likely can get you one either way, but if
you can refer someone else who can pay to get a booth. Then we can
guarantee you one for free.

More than likely can give it to you for free either way. Just would help
even more if you could help at all with getting other exhibitors
there :)

If you find other organizations, NPO's, projects etc, that are willing
to man a booth, etc. But also lack funds, let me know. There is some
flex, some room to compensate. But it's a fine balance, and only goes to
those that have a proven/justified need.

> I still haven't even gotten confirmation on our booth materials
> (should happen, just hasnt yet).

Bastards should at least hook you all up with that at least. It's not
like they are a NPO like Gentoo. Jerks, why are you running their
stuff :) j/k

> I leave it to you to determine if you wanna try to work something out
> for us (I'd really appreciate it), but at that cost, we wont be
> displaying.

If you got the will and man power we will get you a booth. If you can
help fill another via paying. Mo better, but not required to get you all
a comped booth.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Obsidian-Studios, Inc.