List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    Re: [JAXLUG] JaxLUG Florida Linux Show Involvement - Install Fest
From:       "Erick Ghint" <erickghint () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-17 16:23:58

   While I'm about 110% sure that I have absolutely no business even
replying to anything in this thread of e-mails... I feel that I have to
agree with the position of the majority. The one thing that I do see,
however, is that there is no solution to the problem. I understand that
people need to blow off steam, but do that while solving the problem.
Otherwise, we're just causing another one. As daft as this is going to
sound, how hard can it be to start a show in Florida? Specifically in Jax.
People are obviously outraged by the current situation, and I'm sure they
would like a change. Taking this into consideration, there is a greater
chance of organizing an event for the community that would actually stay
within the community. Whoever this Rod or Ron or Hubert guy is, we shouldn't
be constantly talking about what an ass he is... rather, we should be
discussing how we as a community can work to get something else started.
Maybe I'm just looking too far into this whole mess, and I'm sure I don't
have all the facts... but I think it would be more benneficial to the
community to take a more proactive stance on the whole thing. Somebody,
please think of the children...