List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    Re: [JaxLUG] Crikey!  Hard drives, file systems, partitions, oh my!
From:       "William L. Thomson Jr." <support () obsidian-studios ! com>
Date:       2005-06-22 21:02:10

It took me years to get my partitioning down and etc. I am sure I could
still optimize more for performance and etc. However my current scheme
is good enough.

Thus offering early on to anyone other there to help out with their
partitioning.

However I encourage any willing to spend the time and etc themselves. It
is worth it in the end. More so to me since many books I started with
had that upfront just after explaining core kernel and other *nix
concepts. It's so trivial, yet everything depends on it, and till things
like LVM not easy to change etc. So I spent allot of time on it as I
assumed most *nix admins did. Guess not?

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.