List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    [JaxLUG] Computer geek garage sale extended!
From:       "Chris de Vidal" <Chris () deVidal ! tv>
Date:       2004-10-04 21:36:21

======          PLEASE DON'T REPLY ON-LIST          ======
====== Reply offlist to chris (AT) devidal (DOT) tv ======
Still plenty of stuff left over from my garage sale so I'm extending it
until Sunday October 10th.

REMEMBER!  Even if you don't buy anything your name goes in a drawing.
See below.

You could build a small army of systems with just a few extra parts :)
How 'bout a cluster?  Firewall, anyone?  Learning about Linux?  Need a
low-end X terminal?  Wanna low-end DNS or Squid box?  Cheap web server?
Gotcha covered ;)

Because it's all used and most of it is relatively old, this stuff will be
CHEEP.  But as you know, Linux makes it useful again :)

Here's just a few of the parts for sale:
Monitors
Scanners
Motherboards
RAM, RAM, RAM
Power supplies
Processors
etc.
etc.
etc.

Even a few non-PC items like TVs and phones.

Most, if not all, is Linux-compatible.  Can't spend the time to check
everything to see if it works, but I'll set up a test system so you can
plug in the part and try it yourself.  After the sale, no refunds unless
you just can't check the part for whatever reason.

Here's the coolest part: I'll put the names of everyone who comes into a
hat.  Next sunday evening I'll draw a winner; the prize is EVERYTHING THAT
DOESN'T SELL.  I've got to make money, but I also want to clean house.

I'm at 11014 Starwood Dr. 32256:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtype= \
address&cat=&address=11014%20Starwood%20Dr&city=Jacksonville&state=FL&zipcode=32256%2d1537&search=%20%20Search%20%20&searchtab=address

The entrance to the Southern Oaks community sits between the Saturn Dealer
and Thomasville Furniture.  Go into the community and make the first
right.  11014 is a grey trailer and I have a white 1999 Ford Escort in the
driveway.

Call before coming; we're in and out.  My cell: 616 (DASH) 2763

I'm unsubscribing from the list after sending this email, so reply offlist
to chris (AT) devidal (DOT) tv.

Finally, laugh at Microsoft a little:
http://www.bbspot.com/News/BBloopers/2004/09/1002.php

See you there!
/dev/idal

"You will exist forever. You and God are both in the universe to stay —
either as friends on his terms, or enemies on yours. Which it will be is
proven in this life. And this life is a vapor. Two seconds, and we will be
gone. Surely God means for our time on earth to count for something
significant."
-- John Piper in "Life as a Vapor."  Read it here:
http://desiringgod.org/media/pdf/books_blv/blv_ch1-3.pdf