List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    [JaxLUG] Computer geek garage sale
From:       "Chris de Vidal" <Chris () deVidal ! tv>
Date:       2004-09-18 15:56:55

======          PLEASE DON'T REPLY ON-LIST          ======
====== Reply offlist to chris (AT) devidal (DOT) tv ======

Hey computer geeks!  I'm trying to pay off some bills, so I'm having a
computer geek garage sale -- selling my spare computer parts.  I'm selling
them today (9/18) and all this week through next Sunday (9/26).  You could
build a small army of systems with just a few extra parts :)  How 'bout a
cluster?  Firewall, anyone?  Learning about Linux?  Need a low-end X
terminal?  Wanna low-end DNS or Squid box?  Cheap web server?  Gotcha
covered ;)

Because it's all used and most of it is relatively old, this stuff will be
CHEEP.  But as you know, Linux makes it useful again :)

Some of the parts for sale:
Socket 7 motherboards
Socket 370 motherboard
Socket 7 pentium processors + heat sinks
Various 500MB-10GB SCSI and IDE hard drives
14" monitors
Lots of ISA NICs
Tons of matched 72-pin RAM
Some SDRAM
ISA modems
Power supplies (AT and PS/2)
802.11b PCMCIA cards
KVM switch
ISA video capture card
Programming books (C++, Java, website design)
CD drives
Floppy drives
A 12-port 10BaseT hub
ISA SCSI cards
ISA and PCI Video cards
SCSI scanners, including a nice one from HP
Speakers
Headphones
ISA PCMCIA socket
Lots of Compaq LTE 5000 parts (build a decent laptop)
PS/2 and AT keyboards (some mechanical... klicky klicky!)
PS/2 and serial meeces
Serial port remote control
Joystick
Old distro CDs
Big box of weird/industrial serial cables
486 processors
Some 30 pin RAM

Even a few non-PC items:
Answering machine phone
900MHz Cordless phone
Caller ID box
Carpal tunnel strap (you know who you are)
13" TV

Most, if not all, is Linux-compatible.  Can't spend the time to check
everything to see if it works, but I'll set up a test system so you can
plug in the part and try it yourself.  After the sale, no refunds unless
you just can't check the part for whatever reason.

Here's the coolest part: I'll put the names of everyone who comes into a
hat.  Next sunday evening I'll draw a winner; the prize is EVERYTHING THAT
DOESN'T SELL.  I've got to make money, but I also want to clean house.

I'm at 11014 Starwood Dr. 32256:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtype= \
address&cat=&address=11014%20Starwood%20Dr&city=Jacksonville&state=FL&zipcode=32256%2d1537&search=%20%20Search%20%20&searchtab=address

The entrance to the Southern Oaks community sits between the Saturn Dealer
and Thomasville Furniture.  Go into the community and make the first
right.  11014 is a grey trailer and I have a white 1999 Ford Escort in the
driveway.

Call before coming; we're in and out.  My cell: 616 (DASH) 2763

I'm unsubscribing from the list after sending this email, so reply offlist
to chris (AT) devidal (DOT) tv.

See you!
/dev/idal

"...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are
justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ
Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received
by faith." (Romans 3:23-25)