List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    [JaxLUG] Job offer for junior-level developers...
From:       Andrew Henderson <hendersa () icculus ! org>
Date:       2004-04-30 17:03:28

Hello everyone.  My company (eFlyte, Inc.) is going through a bit of a
growth spurt and is looking for a few new Linux developers.  We're doing a
lot of work with entertainment software for embedded x86 platforms running
Linux.  The closest thing I can relate the platform to is that it is
like writing software for high-end 486 and low-end pentium systems.  Most
companies only want Linux gurus and aren't interested in the developers
that tinker with open source projects and whatnot in their free time.  We
have a few "guru" level developers on staff, so what we're really looking
for are entry/junior level developers that want to learn the "tricks of
the trade" while doing some fun projects.  If you want some good
experience in the entertainment and/or embedded software fields, this is a
good opportunity.

We're looking for solid C and C++ knowledge and a good understanding of
the GNU toolchain.  Anything else (scripting languages, assembly) is a
plus.  Previous open source development work is a big plus, since it shows
us that you really like what you'll be doing.  Students fresh out of
college are certainly welcome to apply.

Feel free to e-mail me off-list to get a few more details.  Thanks!

Andrew