List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    RE: [JaxLUG] Running commands on a remote machine - Perl related.
From:       "Chris Greene" <r0x0rman () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-04-21 3:41:22

oops.  I'm missed this one.  Very cool site.  Our Unix team is going to give
us some basic tasks that they don't want to bother with anymore.  They want
to make one of us a Jr Unix admin so I'm trying to do something to impress
them.  Well, maybe not impress, but show them I know a little about Unix
administration and scripting.  It would be cool if I could show them a
script that everyone could use.  No one else on the desk knows anything
about Unix/Linux.  We are broken up into two desk.  My desk only has 3
people on it.  We are a lot more techinical than the other desk, which has
10 people.  I believe they are more like operators.  I think it would be
good if I could get make a simple script where they just type in the server,
command and press enter to see the results.  Instead of them sshing all
around, logging in and running long commands.  If they let me, I'd like to
make a web page to do everything.  That would be even easier for everyone.
I really appreciate everyone's help.  Hopefully I'll finally land a Unix job
:D or I'll be coming back to Florida in the fall.