List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    [JaxLUG] Setting the default browser in Kmail
From:       Steve Litt <slitt () troubleshooters ! com>
Date:       2004-04-20 16:26:18

Hi all,

On my Mandrake 9.2 box, Kmail's default browser mysteriously changed from the
typical Konqueror to Quanta. Then later it changed to Emacs. So when I click
on a link such as the one in my sig, it brings up the webpage in Emacs :-)

I cannot find a gui tool to fix this, even if I run KDE (I usually run IceWM
desktop). I cannot find a config file to change, even after long and tedious
sessions with recursive grep. This symptom occurs whether I use Icewm or KDE,
and it occurs whether I'm user slitt or newly created user junk.

Any ideas?

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
   * Troubleshooters.Com
   * http://www.troubleshooters.com