List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    Wireless network equipment (was Re: DSL)
From:       Art Wildman <wildman () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-09-28 8:19:25

Linksys wireless router range IS not good, I recently tried to set one up for a
client who had the access point less than 30 feet away, but around a corner & up
an open flight of stairs from the other node... had to move them within line of
sight & proved unacceptable. I still have one to play with, it appears to drop
the M1/ATT cable ISP and may need flashing.

I'm not real willing to drop $200+ for some of the commercial antenna boosters
I've seen, got any recomendations, comments?

Antenna Hacks...
http://www.guerrilla.net/gnet_2_4ghz.html