List:       java-apache-users
Subject:    Re: Autostart & Manual mode in same machine
From:       "Roland Becker" <RBecker () khag ! de>
Date:       2001-01-26 9:17:36

BEFORE YOU POST, search the faq at <http://java.apache.org/faq/>
WHEN YOU POST, include all relevant version numbers, log files,
and configuration files.  Don't make us guess your problem!!!

Hi!

You can run as many jserv-environments and apache-servers as you wish and
your server can handle. But of course every of them needs a unique port
and/or IP-adress.

So you can run one apache (probably your "customer server") on port 80 an
another (maybe your "development server") on port 8080 or whatever you wi=
sh.
The same with jserv. You can run onr on the default port 8007 and another=
 on
18007 or whatever you wish. This makes some sense as you can test many
different configurations without major interference to the server, your
customers see.

As you know, you can configure Apache to ask a specially jserv-environmen=
whith:

 ApJServMount /servlet ajpv12://your.ip.address:port-no/servletzone

Much fun whith further development ;-)
Roland

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----