List:       java-apache-james
Subject:    Re: Annoying messages a James bug?
From:       "Serge Knystautas" <sergek () lokitech ! com>
Date:       2001-01-20 3:40:28

Well... this is actually 2 bugs.  1) this is a bug in our Netscape Mail
Server 3.61 where some part of Matt's mailbox file system is corrupted (we
can't seem to figure out why this sporadically happens).  2) this is a bug
in JAMES in the sense that it receives an error message when attempting to
deliver to the internal Netscape mail server (used for IMAP), and gives that
3-part message instead of clearly saying there was a delivery error of "452
Filesystem error - message not accepted" to this person with this many
attempts, etc....  I have it flagged to work on the RemoteDelivery mailet so
that it gives better bounce messages.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/