List:       java-apache-james
Subject:    Re: Coding standards
From:       Peter Donald <donaldp () apache ! org>
Date:       2001-01-17 13:31:17

At 01:18  17/1/01 +0000, Stuart Roebuck wrote:
>Charles,
>
>Any chance of letting me know if anything important is said re: this on
the Avalon group.  There's no reason why I need to be the one who
progresses this with Chris, but I'm happy to in so far as I can.

I would totally +1 this as I am (some would say insanely) strict on
conformance ;) I tried to get the other package to Apache but at the time
there wasn't much interest. I was redirected to Alexandria but no interest
there either. However I think there could be more now as the whole set of
metrics utilities would make a nice addition to a tinderbox system Sam Ruby
is working on. I am a big fan of metrics as it allows fast calculation of
complexity and gives good hints on where you need to improve (but then
again I worked for a metrics company once so I could be biased).

Anyways if you want to bring this discussion to ant-dev list that would be
kewl aswell as I suspect we could garner a bit more support there (a while
back there was a few people asking for same functionality).

Cheers,

Pete