List:       japple-user
Subject:    Re: [japple-user] builder.setSelectNodeFromQuery
From:       Mark Deneen <mdeneen () japple ! org>
Date:       2002-02-25 19:32:36

public void setSelectNodeFromQuery(
		TemplateNode aTemplateNode,
		String dataModelAccessor,
		String queryID,
		String baseAccessor,
		String labelAccessor,
		String valueAccessor)

aTemplateNode is the template node you wish to make a select node.
(<select id="mySelectNode">)

dataModelAccessor is the location in state which you want the element to
post to.  (dc.myExample.mySelectData)

queryID is the name of the DBStatement defined in the IDE.  You either
need to import the package (via the japple.xml file) or fully qualify the
name.

baseAccessor is where to put the results.  We usually don't care about the
results of the query, so we put them in temp.  (temp.mySelectData).  The
"temp" area of state gets wiped out at the end of every request.

labelAccessor is what gets filled in the display portion of the option
tag.

valueAccessor is what gets filled in the value portion of the option tag.

(<option value="value">label</option>)

The labelAccessor and valueAccessor should correspond with the values
returned from your statement, and should be in the translation for that
statement.

-M