List:       japple-dev
Subject:    [japple-dev] Another approach...
From:       "Lonon, Jonathan B" <Jonathan.B.Lonon () bankofamerica ! com>
Date:       2003-02-04 18:13:24

I'm going to take another stab at an earlier question from a new
perspective, given the detail help I got before:

Is there a way from my JSP code to "request" a japple page?

I've been really limited because the only ways I have been able to get to a
"page" JMO is from HREF= or ACTION= .  As far as I know, they both require
that the user click a button or link to get to the page JMO, but they also
allow me to target the response into a frame.  I want to programmatically
make the request for the page JMO, without the user clicking anything.  (I
noticed that I cannot choose a Page JMO type when I'm adding objects to a
JMO, so I need a way to indicate that I want a certain page JMO request to
be triggered.)  Of course, I can make sure that the response is what I want
and I assume that this programmatic method will also allow me to target the
response.

How is this done?  This would pretty much answer my control flow need.
Otherwise, as far as frames, I guess I will simply have to rebuild the
frames whenever I need to update the frame content.

Thanks for great response!  (Got the understanding on setting temp.__page,
thank you -- this question is related, however since the
japple?PAGE=japple.admin.StatePage&temp.__page=ThrowAnExeceptionBecauseIDoNo
tExist
 looks like what I would do inside an HREF= or ACTION= or SRC=, etc., in the
HTML, not the JSP).

I am not opposed to doing the request from within HTML versus JSP, but would
love to know how to do both if possible.

Jonathan.