List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: Java 17 is broken
From:       Scoopta <mlist () scoopta ! email ! INVALID>
Date:       2022-02-08 5:21:15

I'm running pretty much the stock james 3.6.2 on spring configs, I've
setup TLS for IMAP and SMTP, StartTLS for outbound SMTP, DKIM, and SPF
but otherwise not much has been tweaked. It's just a small personal mail
server so nothing fancy. One thing I will note is I am running OpenJ9 in
both instances, I haven't personally found any instances where that
causes problems but I figure it's good to specify in case this is the
one time it does. The only other oddity that comes to mind is maybe the
fact that I have yet to move to guice. I didn't try hotspot or guice in
my testing, simply switching to older spring versions until eventually
trying Java 11 and realizing that fixed it. Now that I know what exactly
is broken I can try to do some additional poking.