List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: v.3.5 - issues enable jSPF
From:       David Matthews <mail () dmatthews ! org ! INVALID>
Date:       2020-10-03 17:10:26

hi Matt

I'd agree there was a problem back in version 3.3, but changes may have been made \
since then?

If I removed comments from this code (below) in smtpserver.xml even test mails were \
never delivered. I didn't investigate further, mainly because I find that you pretty \
much kill incoming spam dead by configuring DNSBL checking (more uncommenting in the \
same file). So SPF checking and spamassassin too are hardly essential.

<!--  <handler class="org.apache.james.smtpserver.fastfail.SPFHandler">
                <blockSoftFail>false</blockSoftFail>
                <blockPermError>true</blockPermError>
            </handler>
      -->