List:       james-user
Subject:    James domain name case insensitivity and mailbox creation issue
From:       "Donnelly, John [USA]" <Donnelly_John2 () bah ! com>
Date:       2017-09-18 14:49:15

During some recent testing of our James 3.0 upgrade, I noticed some unexpec=
ted behavior in the way James processes differently cased domains. Since th=
e JIRA issue JAMES-1369 was added to master, domain names should be case in=
sensitive with JPA configured as the mailbox provider. However, when I'm do=
ing testing with mailx I've noticed that if I vary the domain case of the r=
ecipient from the original user (e.g., mail.dev.project.com vs MAIL.DEV.PRO=
JECT.COM) then a new user is created in the Oracle james_mailbox table. The=
 email being sent ends up in the new mailbox instead of the original user's=
 mailbox.

Does this creation behavior fall under the mailbox handler or some other pa=
rt of James?

Thanks,
Michael