List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: Virtual hosting and SMTP
From:       Robin Bankhead <apache.james () headbank ! co ! uk>
Date:       2013-10-27 9:31:36

Quoting Eric Charles <eric@apache.org>:

> Multiple outgoing gateways are possible.
>
> the outgoing tag is the name of the queue that will hold messages
> being processed by the RemoteDelivery Mailet (deployed doc is
> misleading). Use distinct one per RemoteDelivery mailet.

OK I have it now, everything I needed was in the mailetcontainer.xml
file so I just worked from that, putting my own blocks above the
"All"-matching one.  I'd gotten so distracted with my maildir
adventures that I forgot all about this being there, sorry ^^

> If you don't want to enforce ssl/tls, don't use the
> startTls/sslEnable tag. Btw, I suspect bad bugs there.

Err, do you mean bad bugs when enforcing, or when not? (Or just with
impl of SSL/TLS generally?)

> for filtering..., current matchers can help, but sieve is not
> operational atm.

Yeah the matchers look to have all I need for matching, but with no
mailet that can do "FileInto" (in Sieve-speak) that's no good... Is
there a lot needing to be done with sieve? Perhaps I could help...

> Take care if you don't use /%user/%domain and experiment...

Seems OK so far.  Are you thinking concurrency issues, parts of the
code expecting this format (in which case why make it configurable?),
or something else?

While on that subject, are there any other variables that could be
used there? (Hey, I'm in breaking-stuff mode)

> What do you mean with "user+box@..." ?

I'm sure I came across a notation like this while I was creating the
vhosting setup on my home box (with dovecot and postfix), but of
course I can't find a citation for you now :S

IIRC, the idea was you appended a plus-sign followed by this "next
hop" string to the recipient name when sending, and this was a cue for
the receiving MDA to file it into the specified subdir of that
mailbox.  Probably some short-lived proprietary extension from years
ago; if you haven't heard of it then that's all I need to know ;)

Thanks again,
Robin Bankhead