List:       james-user
Subject:    Fwd: James 2.3 - TLS Connection Problem/Questions
From:       Jan Drake <jan.s.drake () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-10-15 23:06:24

Not sure if I should expect to get posts that I send to this list returned
to me by the list?  It seems to filter them out so I can't be sure they
made the list.

Anyway, original message below, with some additional information from the
smtpserver log:

5/10/13 21:55:04 INFO  smtpserver: Connection from
ip-10-144-83-143.ec2.internal (10.144.83.143)
15/10/13 22:05:04 ERROR smtpserver: Socket to ip-10-144-83-143.ec2.internal
(10.144.83.143) timeout.
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:152)
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:122)
    at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(InputRecord.java:442)
    at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:480)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:927)
    at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1312)
    at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:882)
    at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(AppInputStream.java:102)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:254)
    at
org.apache.james.util.CRLFTerminatedReader.read(CRLFTerminatedReader.java:153)
    at
org.apache.james.util.CRLFTerminatedReader.readLine(CRLFTerminatedReader.java:113)
    at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.readCommandLine(SMTPHandler.java:751)
    at
org.apache.james.smtpserver.SMTPHandler.handleConnection(SMTPHandler.java:372)
    at
org.apache.james.util.connection.ServerConnection$ClientConnectionRunner.run(ServerConnection.java:432)
    at
org.apache.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(ExecutableRunnable.java:55)
    at
org.apache.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:116)

Additionally... the exchange server attempting to connect is showing no
errors in the protocol log just continuous attempts to connect.

Any thoughts?

Jan