List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: SSL/TLS usage with James 3.0-beta4
From:       seyoum tesfay <syumtesfay () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-14 8:55:56

Hi Eric,
Thank you for the info. I thought we can rename the config files as we
pleased. But james actually doesn't read the smtpserver-ssl.conf. So, I
have made entries for the SSL/TLS in the smtpserver.conf as follows

     <bind>0.0.0.0:465</bind>

     <connectionBacklog>200</connectionBacklog>

     <tls socketTLS="false" startTLS="true">

       <keystore>file://conf/mykey.keystore</keystore>
       <secret>mypassword</secret>

 <provider>org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider</provider>

       <algorithm>SunX509</algorithm>
     </tls>

But now I cann't connect to the SMTP or SMTPS server at all. Still needs
your help on how to properly use SSL/TLS with James.

For just curiosity  what do I need to do if I want to add custom config
files (like smtpserver-ssl.con) in james?

*Seyoum T*.