List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: Greeting 220 *******(*)
From:       "martijn.list" <martijn.list () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-10 12:08:24

On 10/10/2012 01:23 PM, Nuno Simões Ferreira wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I´ve installed a James Email Server (2.3.1) and the greeting is 220 ************... \
> when doing telnet to the IP.
> Other machine that have the James Email Server with the same config  does the \
> greeting OK, with the name of the machine.
>

> Any ideias on this, and what is wrong in the new installation of James?

That's a CISCO firewall that plays a "man in the middle". It's called
"SMTP fixup" and I suggest you disable it because it can give you
trouble with some email servers. See for example
http://blogs.oucs.ox.ac.uk/networks/2009/11/26/cisco-firewall-smtp-fixup-considered-harmful/

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

--