List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: when removing a user should their queued outgoing mail be removed?
From:       Eric Charles <eric () apache ! org>
Date:       2012-08-14 17:22:52

Once in the queue, even if you delete the user, the mail will follow its
life.

James will try to send a certain amount of time (depending on your
RemoteDelivery mailet configuration in mailetcontainer.conf), to finally
be removed from the spool.

You could go via JMX and remove it from the queue if you have the name
of the mail to manual remove it.

Is this a normal behavior? Well, I think so.

Thx, Eric