List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: james deployment crossing different J2EE app server?
From:       jayenho <jay.he () gssd ! com ! cn>
Date:       2009-05-12 7:04:50

Eric MacAdie-2 wrote:

> jayenho wrote:
> > I have a further question, for the spring-deployment branch, can it be
> > built
> > out as a war file which can be deployed to different app server instead
> > of a
> > standalone integrated file? that is what i mean to deploy james
> > accrossing
> > different app server/container? Pls help.
> >
> Maybe I do not understand your requirements, but: Why are you trying to
> run James in WebLogic? Why not just run it as an SMTP server?
>
> Eric MacAdie

Well, it is up to the EA roadmap which my company is standing on, just as I
mentioned, Java+Oracle is the main direction, and we need a secure and
flexible architecture, by using the James as a Java EE application, we need
not care too much about the non-functional requirement such as monitoring
and high availability, which should become almost solved. But of course, it
is basing on the easiness of migrating James from current container to
different app server. And most of all, we have to build add-ons to James to
fulfill our further functional requirement, that's why I evaluate James
which is a pure java and open source related. I can't mention too much but
hope I have already answered your question.