List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: Sample Mailet to send acknowledgement message
From:       Rex Posadas <rex () kalexo ! com>
Date:       2008-03-26 17:38:20

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I put something like this in the config file:

          <mailet match="All" class="Redirect">
            <to>green@localhost</to>
             <sender>postmaster@localhost</sender>
             <message>This is to acknowledge that we received your
email</message>
             <inline>unaltered</inline>
             <passThrough>FALSE</passThrough>
             <replyTo>postmaster</replyTo>
             <prefix xml:space="preserve">[test mailing] </prefix>
             <static>TRUE</static>
          </mailet>

I put this inside the <processor> tags.    But I'm getting error:
exception! javax.mail.MessagingException: Unable to create a new message
name: too long. Possible loop in config.xml.

I can see how this could be.. I am running this locally, so i have a
user called harry@localhost   ... when I send him an acknowledgment
letter, it will go back to this mailet again.

How do I prevent this loop?

My next problem would be "right now the To: field is hard coded. how do
i set that to the from address?"

Thanks,