List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: james trouble to start
From:       Stefano Bagnara <apache () bago ! org>
Date:       2008-02-06 8:57:48

mounkye ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I have some trouble installing James. It seems many people have the
> same log but I did not find any answer to this error.
> Could you help us?

You already have something listening to the pop3 port (the default is
110). Maybe you have another pop3 server already installed and running
or maybe you have another james instance still running.

"telnet <yourip> 110" will give you a one line welcome message that
should let you understand what kind of server is listening to your pop3
port.

-----------
ERROR   2008-02-05 17:21:57.328 [Phoenix.] (): There was an error
running phase "startup" for Block named "pop3server". (Reason: Component
named "pop3server" failed to pass through the Starting stage. (Reason:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind).).
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException:
Component named "pop3server" failed to pass through the Starting stage.
(Reason: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind).
	at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.fail(LifecycleHelper.java:354)
  at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHelper.java:226)
  at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.startup(DefaultApplication.java:530)
  at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.doRunPhase(DefaultApplication.java:478)
  at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.runPhase(DefaultApplication.java:409)
  at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.DefaultApplication.start(DefaultApplication.java:180)
  at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.start(ContainerUtil.java:260)

-------

Stefano