List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: Config
From:       Stefano Bagnara <apache () bago ! org>
Date:       2007-03-20 14:24:00

MAYBE the problem is that gateway does not accept an IP but only an
hostname. The error you reported in your log is from this code:

try {
  final InetAddress[] ips = dnsServer.getAllByName(nextGateway);
} catch (java.net.UnknownHostException uhe) {
  log("Unknown gateway host: " + uhe.getMessage().trim());
  log("This could be a DNS server error or configuration error.");
}

so it uses a getAllByName starting from the address you used.

If you have a valod hostname (not ip) for the gateway try using it.

If this was the problem please open a JIRA issue because we have to
either fix it or document the fact that an IP will not work.

Stefano