List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: Invalid message-id in james 2.3.0
From:       Jack <virtue79hk () yahoo ! com ! hk>
Date:       2006-12-31 11:48:41

Hello Stefano,

> The RFC does not require that the Message-ID domain
equals the From domain.

> Furthermore I never heard before of the SA rule
described in that page.
> That page is about a problem of OE6 that does not
rewrite the Message-ID
> when the from change. The missed rfc compliance is
about that when the
> message is modified then the message-id should be
changed.

> Maybe someone else have a different idea on this and
I would like to
> read more about this issue, but I still think this
is not a James bug.

I started a thread in Apache SpamAssassin's mailing
list to ask some questions about how SpamAssassin
deals with the Message-ID header. There was not much
response. Anyway, here is the link to the archive
if you would like to read more about the issue.

Jack