List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: jSPF and James?
From:       "Tom Brown" <tombrown52 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-22 18:38:24

SPF is a system for specifying which servers are allowed to send mail
on behalf of any domain. SPF publishes a list of servers in the DNS
system. The receiving server verifies that the sending server is in
the list.

Domain keys uses public/private key encryption to accomplish the same
task. The domain keys standard specifies how to publish a publish the
public key in a DNS record. The private key is used to create a
signature for each message. The signature can then be validated by the
receiving server.

Both systems can be used in parallel, and with anything anti-spam,
multiple approaches work better than any single approach.

Tom