List:       james-user
Subject:    RE: JAMES Administration
From:       "Mark Brennand" <mark () ten62 ! com>
Date:       2006-07-25 21:07:20

Thanks. I have been building from trunk for the last couple of weeks (I
moved the SpamAssassin stuff over into my JAMES 2.3 install, modifying
header and logging behaviour as it was not working for me) but I have not
had the chance to test it yet.

I am very keen to read up on the JMX stuff as it looks like it could/would
be perfect to use in what I would use as a management interface: a *) webmin
module and.or *) a small web based console.

The wizard driven install is a great idea; starting from a total set of
options and eventually writing out to the config files the user desired ones
although placement of mailets may get tricky based on my current config
(i.e. SPAM gets sent to a spam account for monitoring but not if it came
from a whitelisted account, then it is tagged and sent to local recipient
and other such stuff)

I have been playing with small PHP setup; attempting to read, alter and
write the xml files that form the configuration backbone of JAMES but JMX
seems more robust, scalable and extensible.

Thanks for the pointers.

Regards MB