List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: How to intercept and filter outgoing mails? -> Expires: patch
From:       Marcel Ruff <mr () marcelruff ! info>
Date:       2006-07-22 10:22:46

What about have the feature configurable:

onExpires=off      // default
onExpires=drop   // discard expired mail without notice (my patch)
onExpires=bounce  // or other actions??

i think only the 'off' and 'drop' actions make sense!

If we 'bounce' an expired mail, other MTAs would/could drop it (as it is
expired),
so the behavior would be unexpected - thus remains the 'drop' action to
be the only
useful.

regards,

Marcel