List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: Exception retrieving mail and Exception storing mail
From:       "rociel.buico () gmail ! com" <rociel ! buico () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-07-27 1:48:32

thanks danny,
maybe its because of the machine that i'm using
its hyper threaded dual pro xeon running win2k
anyway thanks, i'll just check if there we're lost messages

-- buics

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:13:28 +0100, Danny Angus <danny_angus@slc.co.uk> wrote:
> No, you didn't miss anything.
> Probably what happened was that two threads tried to handle the same
> message, the first one suceeded and the second one tried to access a file
> which no longer exists.
> It is less effort to do that than now and again than to keep the list of
> mail in the queue fresh, messages are locked when they are in use but a
> thread might still attempt to process a message which has already been
> removed from the queue. If you also have messages disappearing then it is a
> more serious problem.
>
> d.

> The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) \
> only. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the \
> message to the intended recipient) please notify us immediately on 0141 306 2050 \
> and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it or use or \
> disclose its contents to any other person. As Internet communications are capable \
> of data corruption Student Loans Company Limited does not accept any  \
> responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. For this reason \
> it may be inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail \
> without obtaining written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited \
> or the sender accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your \
> responsibility to scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in this \
> e-mail are those of the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of The \
> Student Loans Company Limited.
> This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence \
> of computer viruses.

"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute."

- Abelson & Sussman, SICP, preface to the first edition