List:       james-user
Subject:    RE: Nulls hanging up James?
From:       "Noel J. Bergman" <noel () devtech ! com>
Date:       2004-05-21 23:55:50

Bill,

I found, and patched, a bug where a socket disconnection prior to the socket
timeout would be viewed by the SMTP handler, in DATA state, as a successful
completion of the data transfer.  With that patch, if the client
disconnects, there will be an exception.

Not so sure about this "NULL" character issue, though, but the patch will
enforce the <CRLF>.<CRLF> requirement.

If you are around, I would be happy to send you a test build.  Actually, I
will review our current situation, and may post RC4 this weekend, since the
initial reports are that we've successfully addressed the incompatible JDBC
functionality issues between some of the databases.

	--- Noel