List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: Concurrency in Mailets?
From:       Bosco So <bosco_groundspring () despammed ! com>
Date:       2003-07-29 17:13:57

If the mailet life cycle like the servlet life cycle where there's only
one instance of a mailet in the system (and the service method is
entered by multiple threads)? If so, then not only do your class
variables appear only once, but also your instance variables - multiple
threads can step all over the same instance variables. This bug is hard
to detect because you won't encounter it until you start getting lots of
traffic.