List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: [no virus] RE: Virus scanning
From:       "Cesar Bonadio" <bonadio () picture ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-05-22 0:47:05

Here are some information

I have developed the first version of the matcher antivirus and Vincenzo
made
several improvements based on that, we run the matcher on a DELL PIII 800
Mhz server with 512Mb
of ram and RAID 1 for 2 9GB disks

I found that the real problem is not related to open every message on the
disk, the biggest problem
is running several instances of the AV if you configure your james to run 10
threads for checking the spool
you will end up with up to 10 AV running at the same time, this can produce
a load of 7.0 8.0 on this server
real bad, we configure 4 threads and we have 1500 users the avarage load is
2.0 and we have an avarege
of 70 simultaneos connections.

I was trying to find a way to keep the AV on memory but could not find any.

[]s