List:       james-user
Subject:    HostName vs DomainName
From:       Paul fairless <paulfairless () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-04-30 22:46:32

Hi,

A bit stuck ... i have configured James and have a
couple of problems:

1/ all mail sent seems to originate from
blah@<host>.<domainName> e.g. paul@foo.bar.com. I want
all outgoing mail to be sent like paul@bar.com. Is
there an obvious way of doing this as i don't like the
idea of removing my machine name from the hosts file
or something

2/ I can send mail to email address (from a yahoo mail
account) but have not managed to configure outlook to
connect to pop3 or smtp ... unable to connect to mail
server. I dont think its a firewall issue any ideas?

Any help appriciated
Cheers
Paul