List:       james-user
Subject:    RE: adding user using JSP/Servlet
From:       "Noel J. Bergman" <noel () devtech ! com>
Date:       2003-02-27 18:45:11

> > ... Certainly someone could leverage it.  JMX could be a
> > solution in the future, too.  All depends upon which bull
> > someone wants to take by the horns.  :-)

> Is there a preference of one over the other ??
> RemoteManagement seems like an area that might need some
> atttention  ...

As a general Java thing, I believe that JMX is considered the direction for
the future whereas RMI is an implementation technique.  Tomcat 5 will
support JMX instead of ad hoc management tools.  JMX could be part of the
core support for allowing James to be dynamically administered and
reconfigured.  So learning how to use JMX inside of James (via Avalon and
MX4J, for example), is probably a good thing.  But it needs someone to
really look into the issues and work on it.

	--- Noel