List:       james-user
Subject:    RE: address parsing problem
From:       "Noel J. Bergman" <noel () devtech ! com>
Date:       2003-01-30 19:30:07

James generates a 501 error if the target of a RCPT TO is invalid.  The
e-mail client sees that error, and declines to complete the transfer.  If
you turn on debug for the SMTP server log, I expect that you will see the
client sending a QUIT message in response to the 501.

Try it by hand with telnet, and see if that works.

	--- Noel