List:       james-user
Subject:    Re: error... please help
From:       Eric Chan <ericchan () caleb ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-10-26 3:01:51

Hi, Stefan

I don't know anything about Mac OS X.  But if it is really unix, then the
syntax probably is

set JAVA_HOME="what path you have install the JVM"

For example, if you have installed it on /jdk1.3.1  then "/jdk1.3.1" is the
JAVA_HOME.

The can go to the top of the run.sh script.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Eric

At 05:45 PM 10/25/01 +0200, you wrote:
>I have installed James on Apple Mac OS X, but I cannot start it up.
>This is the message I get:
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>[localhost:/Applications/James/bin] stefan% ./run.sh
>
>Avalon runner
>
>ERROR: JAVA_HOME not found in your environment.
>
>Please, set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment to match the
>location of the Java Virtual Machine you want to use.
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Does anyone know what I should do? Since Mac OS X is Unix, there might be
>a standard Unix way of solving this?
>
>regards
>
>Stefan Näslund

Eric Chan
Phone : 612 9809 0908
Fax   : 612 9809 4361
Mobile: 612 0414 669 023
Caleb Technologies - increasing business productivity with Java solutions
ericchan@caleb.com.au
www.caleb.com.au

BTW, do you know who can grant everlasting peace?  Jesus can.

This email message and accompanying data may contain information that is
confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received this
email in error please notify us immediately and delete all material
pertaining to this email.

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Caleb
Technologies.