List:       james-dev
Subject:    new committer: Juhan Aasaru
From:       Tellier Benoit <btellier () apache ! org>
Date:       2021-04-23 11:02:40

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache James
has invited Juhan Aasaru to become a committer and we are pleased
to announce that he has accepted.

In the last few months, Juhan made several Apache James contributions.
Especially regarding JAMES-3564, we believe he is committed to offer a
better support for existing users and as such will have a very positive
impact on the user community.

We believe nominating him as a committer would lead to more frequent
releases, fixing bugs in a timely manner and would give us the means to
maintain a 3.6.x branch.

His membership as part of the Apache Finneract project
shows that he is already following "the Apache way".

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the
project since there is no need to go via the patch
submission process. This should enable better productivity.

Cheers,
The Apache James PMC