List:       james-dev
Subject:    Re: svn changes in james/project
From:       Stefano Bagnara <apache () bago ! org>
Date:       2006-09-30 19:26:49

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> I just reorganized james/project folder in svn
>
> AGAIN, why isn't the project/ directory under site/, which IS known to the
> mailer?  I have raised this before, and not gotten a reply.
>
> 	--- Noel

About the "AGAIN" and "not gotten a reply" maybe you missed this thread
titled "Re: [PROPOSAL] maven2 and james repository short term solution"
from general@ 17/09/2006:

Bernd asked:
 > "project" is only website-related?
 > if yes, please let's find a better name, for example "site-general"
or "project-site"
 > if no, what is it for?

I replied:
No, "james-project" would be the root artifact for every product
released under the apache james umbrella.
It contains the commons informations for the James project (website,
repositories, developers, licenses).
Think at it as the AbstractPOM for our POMs (m2 has many Object Oriented
things in its architecture)

That said it seems that I'm the one that is not getting replies about
the svn notifications. I asked you to add svn notifications for the
whole james project at least 6 times (5 via mailing list, 1 via personal
email, 1 via IM):

You simply replied "That does not seem appropriate." and then ignored my
requests for explanations.

general@james 14/09/2006
Re: [PROPOSAL] maven2 and james repository short term solution:
---
Noel: can you please change the svn notification so that it works on the
full james repository? If you have specific options it would be good if
server commits had the server-dev reply-to and the other had the general
  reply-to.
---

server-dev@james 15/09/2006
Re: JAMES v2.4 Road Map
---
At my best I could help you with the website stuff (as I refactored all
and maybe I better know the new maven2 site builds), with the maven spf
builds (but I need an answer to my repository proposal and if no answer
I need Noel to setup the svn notifications so I can really work on james
repository) and few other things.
---

personal email 16/09/2006
James svn notifications
----
Can you setup generic notification for james repository?

I would say:

james/server => notifications to server-cvs, reply-to server-dev
james/site => notifications to site-dev, reply-to site-dev
james => notification to server-cvs, reply-to general

Is it possible to have the last rule (james excluding james/server and
james/site) ?
If not I can send you the list of directories: let me know!
----

general@james 18/09/2006
Re: [PROPOSAL] maven2 and james repository short term solution:
---
Independently from the result of this proposal we need the notifications
working in all the folders of the repository or we are unable to keep
under control what it happens. Currenlty if someone (even by mistake)
commit something in a folder that has no notification we don't see this
and this is not good.
----

A private list 27/09/2006
Re: PMC oversight and SVN
----
Can we create a james-cvs for all but server?
Can we create an exclusive rule like all but server and site is notified
there?
Imo it is important to have a notification for the full repository
otherwise someone could commit something in james/newfolder and we would
never know anything!
-----

As you can see it seems a bit unfair that you write "AGAIN" like I did
something wrong.

I asked this 6 times in 2 weeks then I decided it was much more easy for
me to manually do the notifications.

Stefano