List:       james-dev
Subject:    RE: NPE in Derby
From:       "Noel J. Bergman" <noel () devtech ! com>
Date:       2005-12-19 12:42:42

Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> Danny Angus wrote:
> > Might your expection not just be derby freaking because we've
> > removed or modified a message from the spool and still think
> > its there? Do we need to improve our transaction management?

I have no idea, but that still should not throw an NPE.

> IIRC dbfile should not be used for spool repositories.
> http://james.apache.org/repositories_2_1.html

I'll look into that as an orthogonal issue, but I was using db: for the
tests, not dbfile, so this would not apply:  :-)

I believe that the reference meant that user repositories do not have a
dbfile implementation.  Spool is a subclass of mail repository.

> I rememeber I looked at this issue few months ago and confirmed that
> dbfile for spool repositories could loose the message bodies.

Can you point me at the thread or JIRA issue?  I've not seen evidence of
this, and would want to fix it.

The long term fix is a rearchitecture of the data stores.

	--- Noel