List:       james-dev
Subject:    RE: JAMES 2.2.1 Release Candidate?
From:       "Noel J. Bergman" <noel () devtech ! com>
Date:       2004-08-20 22:52:52

Steve Brewin wrote:
> The code "looks" fine. I'ld be happier knowing that we've tested it with
> real world boundary cases. I guess that lacking unit tests, that's what
> release canidates are for.

FWIW, I have been running the test builds on my production server.  And I
did find some of those boundary cases, which is why I finally tore into the
InternetHeaders class to see what was going on.  So far the current code has
not exhibited any of the problems I saw before, generally with poorly formed
messages sent by spambots.

> > > IMHO we should remove the
> > > AbstractRedirect#getExistingReturnPath(Mail mail)
> > > method as it becomes misleading and is no longer used.
> >
> > I had thought about deprecating it, at the least.  Removing it is fine
> > with me.
>
> Personally I think we should give fair warning prior to removing things,
> which means deprecating in this release and removing in a subsequent
> release.

So deprecate for 2.x and remove in the merged branch.

Did you (or anyone else) every look at the code I posted for the merged
branch?  It is still in http://cvs.apache.org/~noel/james-merge-test.tgz.

	--- Noel