List:       james-dev
Subject:    RE: [V3] Personal Item List
From:       "Danny Angus" <danny () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-12-31 18:22:11

> > I'd rather eat my own leg than introduce namespaces into the config.
>
> The API would not change, nor ever see namespaces.  My intent was that
> namespaces would ONLY be in the configuration file, not the
> Mailet API.  The
> Mailet Container might have some work to do, but that would be transparent
> to the API.

Thats my issue, I think the notion that XML can be edited by people and
machines is passably correct, but IMO if you add in namespaces you break
support for the mk1 Ordinary Joe.

I can follow an XML document, and can, if I concentrate, follow one which
uses namespaces.
But in this context I'm an "expert".
I'm pretty sure namespaces will scare the hell out of people who haven't
encoutered them before.

Just my 2c.

d.