List:       james-dev
Subject:    RE: [Vote - v2.1.0 Release] Disable NNTP by default
From:       "Danny Angus" <danny () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-12-29 11:05:47

Because I haven't fllowed this discussion fully:
+0

FWIW I agree with the sentiment expressed elsewhere that NNTP has had a
number of significant minor defects in it for some time, and that this
current regression defect has also not been spotted before now, ipso-fact it
is not a showstopper for the majority of serious users.
Therefore disabling it by default, publishing a warning and defering the bug
seem to be the safest route to resolve what has all the halmarks of a
conflict between two issues, and the risk of re-introducing the original
problem.

d.