List:       james-dev
Subject:    Re: regarding versions of james that partly/works with NW6/JVM1.4
From:       "Harmeet Bedi" <harmeet () kodemuse ! com>
Date:       2002-11-29 0:53:12

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Enevold" <me@2ndc.dk>
> FYI, and thanks to harmeet@kodemuse.com for participating in  my
> testings.

Happy to help out, but all I did was suggest you try other versions than the
latest one and see if NNTP is uniformly broken. The reason I did that was
because users in the past had been able to successfully use NNTP
functionality. You made all the attempts. :-)

>   the postings ends up in \james\apps\james\var\nntp\temp
>   this regardles of what NNTP client i uses.

In your config.xml can you make sure node
/config/nntp-repository/spool/configuration/threadcount/text() > 0, say 1 or
2.

I have seen this problem before somewhere...
I think it is a JVM/NW issue. Does James restart cause files in temp
directory to move to the right folders ?

Can you try with JDK 1.3 on NW and see if it makes a difference. The reason
behind this request is that past users prob. used JDK1.3. Also did the same
software and configuration that had stuck articles in temp directory on NW
work on other platforms e.g win2k or linix ?

A JDK/OS/SWVersion comparison could help narrow the problem.

> - I'am able to use the Groupwise 6.02 NNTP client and i can then
> read/post e.t.c. fine.
>   but i believe it has something to do with GW caching it to the GW
> databases.(not sure about that though :)

I think that is right, but again not sure either(never tested with GW
client). :-)

Harmeet