List:       james-dev
Subject:    RE: Testing as a separate project - Re:  cvs commit: jakarta-james/proposals/TLP proposal.txt
From:       "Noel J. Bergman" <noel () devtech ! com>
Date:       2002-11-22 20:32:16

> > Testing could become a pretty consuming project requiring someone to
focus
> > on it every bit as much as a release manager has to focus on a release.

> This is another good point, its all very well to propose sub-projects, but
> they do need to demonstrate some kind of community prepared to actually
put
> in the effort.

Right.  And as much as I might have interest in the test bed, the most I
think I could offer would be kibbitzing because I expect that we will all be
consumed by the v3 development.  So whomever would decide to work on testing
is going to have to decide that they want to focus on testing as their
primary contribution for a while.  Do you agree?

	--- Noel