List:       jakarta-regexp-user
Subject:    Matching Java methods - a better way than mine?
From:       mfarah () bci ! cl
Date:       2003-07-30 20:46:43

I've been asked to extract certain information from all the methods within
the classes we use. For this, I made a rather crude program, and I identify
each method with the following regexp:

(public|private|protected)\s+[0-9A-Za-z_\.]+\s*(\[\s*\])?\s+\w+\s*\([^\)]*?
\)

This works for most of the methods in our source files, but fails to
capture the constructor methods and those who have a modifier (like
abstract or static). What is a better way to do this? Maybe this has even
been solved in the past and I'm just reinventing the wheel?

TIA.

--
Miguel Farah
mfarah@bci.cl