List:       jakarta-regexp-dev
Subject:    Re: Retrieving indices of repeated closures
From:       "Michael McCallum" <michael () spinsoftware ! com>
Date:       2001-03-27 20:25:01

The reason I say that is that in most cases when using the regexp engine there will not be a
need to get more than one match if any. This is from my own use stats of regular expressions.
Not really necessary they were just my ideas.

With the interface proposal i made earlier for matchers/compilers would be possible to
instantiate a matcher that did all 3. ie no closure returns, single closure returns, multiple closure
returns quite efficiently.

Michael