List:       jakarta-oro-user
Subject:    File list - dir list conversion using ant ReplaceRegExp and oro
From:       Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot () laPoste ! net>
Date:       2004-07-12 10:00:10

Hi,

	I'm currently trying to transform a text file containing a list of
absolute filenames into a list of absolute directory names (/a/b/c/d.efg
-> /a/b/c). I'm using the ant ReplaceRegExp task
(http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/replaceregexp.html) with
oro.

	I need the directory names to be unique. Unfortunately since several
files can be in the same directory my first naive attempt resulted in
lots of duplicates :

<project default="test" basedir="." name="regexp">
  <target name="test" description="try to munge the test file">
    <property name="testfile" value="build/core.list"/>
    <property name="outputfile" value="build/coredir.list"/>
    <copy file="${testfile}" tofile="${outputfile}" overwrite="yes"/>
    <!-- Remove lines not starting with / -->
    <replaceregexp file="${outputfile}"
                         match="^[^/](.*)$"
                         replace=""
                         byline="true"/>
    <!-- Remove ending file leafs -->
    <replaceregexp file="${outputfile}"
                         match="/[^/]+$"
                         replace=""
                         byline="true"/>
  </target>
                                                                                      \
 </project>

	So now I need to remove duplicated lines. I suppose it's possible using
ORO and the replaceregexp task (it seems like the kind of thing it can
do) but I can't even figure were to start. Anyone got a bright idea ?

	Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot